WHAT IS THE SYMPTOMS OF NECK PAIN?
1. Early symptoms are aches in the neck, shoulder and arm, stiffness in neck, and limited movement;
2. Keeping a fixed posture for a long time produces pain, swelling, and stiffness in the nape. Aches in the neck and shoulder may be extended to occipital region and upper limbs.
3. Sometimes it is accompanied by dizziness, i.e., the room revolving. In patients with severe conditions, it may be accompanied by nausea and vomiting, while some may be accompanied by vertigo and cataplexy.
4. In patients with severe conditions it may be accompanied by a sense of heaviness in the shoulder and back, upper extremity weakness, cutaneous hypaesthesia in limbs, holding weakness in hands, and sometimes objects held may fall to the ground unconsciously. In other patients it may be accompanied by lower extremity weakness, and unsteady gait and numb feet. They may feel like stepping on cotton when walking.
TAPING METHOD AND TECHNIQUE DESCRIPTION
1. X shape on the sore spot
2. Y shape from neck to lower back
3. I shape from shoulder to neck
X liift the skin, open the subcutaneous fascia space, and relieve pain at the same time. (see the shape functions for reference in the book Principles and practice of Kintape).
Y import the dorsal vertebrae lymph into cervical vertebra to eliminate inflammation. Improve and rebuild fascia channels and relax the rhomboid muscle. Note: apply two branches onto the connection line of the rhomboid muscle and trapezius.
The last two I shapes. work on muscle and flow guidance simultaneously to relax tense muscles and increase the sluggish blood volume of damaged muscles.
REACTIONS AFTER APPLYING
Patients may have the sensation of being stretched when they are applied with kintape. Generally, the muscles will become relaxed after one night. If the neck had an abnormal sound before, the symptom may be relieved after applying.